Tuesday 8 October 2013

I hate mornings.

I've accepted long ago that I am no way a morning person. I just have some sort of silly inability to sleep early or wake up early for that matter. Last night I only managed to get 4 hours sleep before having to drag my ass out of bed and get ready for my 10am lecture.

Getting ready when I'm half asleep has never really been a problem for me but for some reason everything just went badly this morning. I managed to burn my neck with my straighteners and because I was so tired, the pain didn't even sink in until I left the house an hour later. On that note, as my bus was approaching the stop, I realised I forgot my damn Oyster card meaning I had to go back and get it or else I'd end up having to pay an awful lot to travel for the day in cash fare. If any of you have ever visited London or live in London, you'll know that cash fare is like, the biggest rip off ever. As I got to my changeover stop, I find out that my connecting line is closed due to some fire alert which was being "investigated", I had to take the bus to uni from Piccadilly which took me 30 mins because London was so chock full of traffic in the morning. As a result, I was 20 mins late to lecture and had to do that embarrassing walk into lecture midway through the lecturer talking about market competition. At least 2 others arrived after me, I guess I wasn't the only one dependent on the bakerloo line to get to uni. To make matters worse, my lecturer caught me falling sleep LOL, she was like "ok let's move on before people start falling asleep" and then she looked at me and smiled. Oh dear.

I was so glad to get home later on in the day, I made myself some lunch and went straight to bed. Had the best nap until 8pm. Now it's 1am and I'm preparing the reading and materials for tomorrow's lecture. My horrid 2:30-9am day is tomorrow *cries*. Actually Friday is probably worse, I have a law workshop from 10-5 and then work straight after. Oh, this must be what it feels like to be a working student - no weekends and all other time is invested into studying because the weekend is for working.

My boyfriend treated me to my birthday present early yesterday, he bought me the iPad mini because my old netbook was becoming a brick to carry around. Especially when I have to lug it around with me when I see my boyfriend after uni. He's the bestest boyfriend ever, cares so much about my well being and making my life easy :D I was so happy afterwards.

So here I am being conflicted between doing work and playing on my new iPad. First world problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment