Friday 16 May 2014

Update

Been a long time since I last posted, mainly because of exams and other shit I've been experiencing along the way.

At the moment, I am one exam down and one to go, very close to absolute freedom of never having to sit another exam again. Feels surreal. First exam went very well (I hope), had to choose 3 out of 6 questions and actually, I predicted 4/6 of them which was amazing. Was so worth sitting down looking at past exam papers and seeing what will and will not come up. The last question threw me off, I actually had a choice between 3 by the end because I knew the topics, it was just the question of did I have enough content to write to cover a whole essay? Now when I think back to things, I really should've done the question on typologies as my last question but instead chose change agent because there was more to critique/compare/contrast. Maybe I just didn't feel like doing typologies because well, I think they're kinda dumb. Hopefully I've achieved enough to pass at least, that was the worst module ever in the duration of my masters degree.

Onto more serious matters, I've been having serious issues with my vision in the left eye. At first I kinda brushed it off as being superficial because those were the words my optician used, but then as you probably know because I've ranted about this before - I got sent to A&E because of it. Problem still hasn't cleared despite it having been a month already. So I went back the other day for a check up and seems like although things have been getting better, the progress is slow and my optician wasn't really happy with the drops the doctor prescribed me (she described them as weak drops that are given to children and babies... wonderful), so she sent me to buy these hella expensive drops (£14 for a tiny 10ml bottle) because they're apparently stronger. And so at the moment, I'm using those. Things don't feel like they're improving massively, like, sometimes I get pain the in eye because of dryness and at times I don't. Right now my eye feels alright but who knows, it might get worse later on. I guess I'm just trying to be optimistic about it even though I'm mega pissed off about the opticians wasting my money on weak drops, sending me to A&E when it really wasn't necessary and me ending up with over-the-counter drops that need no prescription therefore rendering my trip and day at the A&E worthless. I really don't want the see that optician that sent me to A&E again because she really doesn't have a clue at her job it seems.

The weather has been looking lovely for the week, it's a shame I have work tomorrow but at least I'm off on the Sunday when the sun comes out and it's 22 degrees. I have to revise though since my last exam is on Monday. LAST EVER EXAM GUYS. So excited. Not as excited to be graduating though since I graduate in October... Still got that project to get started on too... Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment