Thursday 28 August 2014

Bants.

So I went to watch The Inbetweeners Movie 2 the other day with the boyf as I had wanted to ever since it came out but I had my annoying project to complete so I couldn't.

It. Is. Hilarious.

Wouldn't say it's as good or funny as 22 Jump Street but it's pretty damn close. Not going to launch into some big review about the movie but if you're a fan of The Inbetweeners then definitely go watch it. Even if you've never seen the TV series or the first movie, still, go watch it. My boyfriend hasn't seen a single episode or the first movie and still enjoyed it. I'd really love to see a 3rd movie but idk if that will happen.

Subject of this post is bants.

A couple of years back when I was still a single-ready-to-mingle, I joined a dating website called BeautifulPeople.com - you've probably heard of this website somewhere on BBC or DailyMail (more likely Daily Mail since they always make articles on shit like this). But anyway, I joined for the bants because this dating website is not just anyone's dating website. No. It's only for the beautiful people of the internet. Does this mean I think I'm beautiful? Nope, not at all. Let me just explain how this website even works. In order to be eligible to join, you have to register a picture of yourself and members of the website RATE you in the space of 24 hours and if you pass a certain score, congrats, you're beautiful and welcome to the website, here's some champagne. I was just curious as to what is deemed beautiful by these people. I was accepted but I forgot what score I got, from then I thought I'd just play around with the website and see what happens.

IMO, the website is pretttttty damn creepy itself. Of course, I didn't join it hoping to bag some sexy hunky bachelor, I joined it out of pure curiosity and to see what all the fuss was about. The website shows you how many and who viewed your profile, you can send winks, smileys etc to people you like and message them (you have to subscribe and pay to use certain features like messaging so...). I didn't particular start fishing for people but I did have fun rating people (I rated everyone as beautiful btw, I wasn't there to judge people on looks, just there to see what kinda people join). Logged on a couple of weeks later to find my profile bombarded with creepy men spamming me with winks and about 4 messages (which I couldn't even read as I am not paying £8 to read 4 messages) and a bunch of guys RATING my profile picture. Ugh, the website was kinda revolting in some ways. There's an events section that's exclusive to members where they host parties for people wanting to meet other beautiful counterparts and hopefully find what they're looking for. I just hate this whole rating thing, why do people need to rate others on looks and shit like they're some product on a shelf? IDG the point of this website apart from beautiful people looking to make some beautiful babies.

The only thing I gained from this website was 1% of self confidence. Still, it's pretty bants when I come back to this website 2 years later, some of the pictures I had on there though, can't believe people thought they were... nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment