Friday 29 August 2014

Reaaaally thought about having pizza earlier but...

I'm trying my hardest to save up by only treating myself to 2 things a month (excluding pressies from the boyfriend teehee). So it works out as having around £100 to spend on food and things for myself per month. Gotta pay my phone bill as well as travel so realistically, it's about £60 to spend on myself (excluding food... so maybe £50 to spend on myself a month).

I've gotten quite good with budgeting ever since I got back from Corfu, I set myself a target to save back the amount I "borrowed" from my savings and it's actually going really well. Not judging anyone but I really don't know how people can have 0 savings at all and just live off the money they earn. I just feel really uncomfortable even though I have interest-free overdraft to fall back on, but everytime I hit even -£1 I feel really guilty about it. If you are constantly hitting overdraft now, what will happen when you don't get overdraft anymore? I'm glad my mum lectured me about the importance of saving up after my first year at uni (I went WAY overboard with spending, ended up with like £500 saved out of the £8k I had... FML).

So now whenever I buy something, I really think about whether I really want it or am I just impulse buying? Same goes for when my boyfriend offers to buy me something as well. Don't want to waste money on things to see it sitting in my room unused ever again. About the pizza today, I was really only going to have it if there was no alternative. My mum told me there was leftover rice so I made fried rice with it. I'm pretty proud of myself for not wasting money on pizza (would've been like £13) and using it to treat myself to something useful instead. It's damn difficult with a part time job especially but I really want to have the same attitude towards saving as I do now when I get a full time job.

Really want to start saving towards a deposit to move out with the boyfriend - that's pretty much our long term goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment