Tuesday 12 February 2013

Deadlines doing my head in amongst other things.

So as it stands I have so much work due in I just don't even know which piece to work on everyday. As you might know, I like to have things planned out - this applies to aspects in life as well as my workload. I'm almost like okay Monday I'll do this, Tuesday I'll do that etc etc. But now it's like a whole giant mess with WHERE DO I BEGIN? I've been lazy these past couple of days, went out celebrating on Saturday for CNY, didn't get home until Sunday morning because of getting lost and wandering around London for 3 hours. Spent Sunday being cosy, warm and a lazy shit in bed with another lazy shit next to me <3. I must say though, I really enjoyed my CNY for multiple reasons.

I failed at pretending I didn't go out as well. I promised Mum I'd Skype her on the Sunday at 1pm but my brother ended up Skyping her first as I took almost an eternity to get ready and then I realised I just had to leave my make up on and go on Skype. First thing Mum asks is "so where did you go last night?" DOH. Spent the rest of Sunday sleeping and then preparing CNY dinner with my brother when I woke up at 7pm LOL. Oh deary.

Spent Monday in uni trying to get the analysis part of my project done. Turns out our results are NON-SIGNIFICANT ASLKDJFJSDKFNSDF. I guess this is probably every psychologist's worst nightmare huh? Non-sig = less chance of publication = WASTE OF TIME. I might be wrong because I'm not a psychologist, just a psychology student but... man, all that time coding videos... NON-SIGNIFICANT???? But anyway, you just have to work with what you have I guess. So in trying to make sense of these results, took another 2-3 hours. I had to stop by Tesco on the way home and do the weekly grocery shop. Most of the stuff on the list wasn't even for me, my brother had added a whole ton of ingredients to cook ONE THING for dinner. He's lucky we didn't exceed our budget. I got home and literally fell asleep again, I think Saturday night was catching up to me so I took a 2 hour nap and then well... you know, once you have a nap and wake up to a warm cosy house, the first thing you'd want to do is eat and last thing you wanna do is work. Hence no work was done on Monday (apart from opening and closing the document about 5 times...)

So now it's Tuesday, I was up at 9am despite sleeping at 5am because I got too emotional for my own good and almost ended up saying things I shouldn't say to a certain someone. I SHOULD NEVER SHOW MY WEAKNESS, RAWR. I fell in and out of sleep until 2pm and then I finally got up and started to do some work. About 2 hours into doing work and I've managed to do a miserable 400 words. I really should stop looking at the word count because working according to your word count makes life 100000000x harder and progress is much slower. Go away word count.

I haven't been able to work recently because of too many complicated thoughts in my head. Why do you do this to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment