Tuesday 14 August 2012

As if killing a god would be that easy.

Recently I've been in a movie mood so I've been taking a pick of random movies to watch as well as recommendations by some people I know.

I picked up another Ghibli movie the other day called Spirited Away. I haven't seen a Ghibli movie since My Neighbour Totoro so I didn't know what to expect (mind you, I watched MNT for the cute factor, Totoro is adorable). Ehh, Spirited Away was... weird, it had a random combination of elements that you would quite expect to see when one is "spirited away". Nonetheless, it was enjoyable in a strange sort of way. The one I just finished about 15 minutes ago is called Princess Mononoke. Now, this one I was quite reluctant to watch because it's hella old - I was 6 when this was released. But as this is known as a "classic" Ghibli production, I thought hey, why not. Now, this movie did take me 2 days to complete, only because I valued sleep over sticking through the whole 2 hours. The beginning wasn't so interesting in my opinion, I got sidetracked a bit and had to rewind at times to rewatch the parts I had missed but it's one of the movies that you want to finish even though it starts off boring. It's one of those movies that tends to get better halfway. But as you can probably tell from the title of this post, it's about killing a god, derp. Looks like killing a god ain't so easy. Absolutely loved the characters though, the music was brilliant too. I have finally found a piano piece worth learning.

It's been killing me for the past week actually, this lack of inspiration to learn a piece. I've been spending hours on YouTube looking for something to learn, something that I have an instant attachment to and desire to play but nevertheless, that plan ultimately failed. I even got as far as printing out a piece but never getting to play it. But finally, I've found something worth learning! You see, ever since I stopped lessons I've become one of those freelance piano players - by this I mean, I pick and choose what I want to play. I got bored of lessons and exams because the pieces I learnt just weren't interesting to me. It was the same thing every grade - classic piece, baroque piece then jazz piece. Jazz was my strong point as my teacher used to say, she even suggested I could become a good jazz pianist haha. Thinking back, I really did enjoy jazz pieces though, the rhythm they make is very therapeutic. I hated classical pieces, they were a nightmare to learn. But yeah, one of the reasons other than being overloaded with A Level stress why I quit piano lessons and exams was because I wanted to choose what I wanted to learn and play.

I've been hit with another case of cold sore. Sudden episodes of stress and all that have brought about my worst enemy. Why do cold sores have to grow on lips anyway? My bottom lip has swollen to about 1.5x the size (not quite at that double mark yet but I know it'll get there by tomorrow morning - *le sigh*). I guess the magnitude of stress coming from having to deal with a breakup, guy friends liking you more than just friends, losing some friends, being creeped out by general people and that constant planning for the future has wrecked havoc on my pH balance. Oh and my mum decided to make me an orange to eat today as well, *sigh* I can kiss goodbye to chances of this cold sore healing fast now. Citric acid is a no no when a cold sore erupts.

I dyed my hair today. Back to a dark colour. Although I think it has turned out the way I want it to, I'll need a couple more washes before I see the final result. This hair dye never fails me especially when I have patchy hair, but the downside is it takes a few washes until the true colour comes out. Right now, there are some patches of inconsistency but after a few washes, it should even out. The dark places should become lighter to match the other patches of lightness. Yeah. Goodbye to light hair, you have served me well this summer. Another reason why I dyed my hair was for the whole idea of new beginnings, a new me. I had a week to get over my breakup but I think I'll be doing fine now so it's time for a reinvention of the new me. I'll have to sleep with ammonium smelling hair tonight. Eck.

I've also got a few mosquito bites here and there too. I'm notorious for itching, it doesn't help that I have grown my nails out too (they will be cut when I start learning my new piano piece... shortly). But seriously, mosquito bites are annoying. I'm not surprised mosquitoes have emerged either, it has been raining at a 26 degrees C heat. Humidity is a mosquito's best friend. Soon the climate in this country will resemble that of the Far East. Oh, thunderstorm is expected tomorrow too, with rain and sun of course. No surprises there.

No comments:

Post a Comment