Wednesday 29 August 2012

Making someone smile can really make a difference.

The ability to make someone smile when they're down is a great gift.

I realised that today.

Even with the things I'm going through everyday, the negative things that build up over time, losing friends, losing lovers, dilemmas that affect the future, for a second, I forgot about all those things when I realised I had made someone else happy even though I wasn't happy myself.

I've never been the best at making people smile or even knowing what to say when someone is down, but I realised that you don't necessarily need to know what's going on in a person's life to make them happy.

I had always thought that I'd need to know the situation in order to give advice and console someone but making someone smile can be as simple as just saying something funny and out of character to them. It can just be one line, one sentence or maybe even one word in some cases to put a smile back on someone's face. Making others smile is a great thing to do, it's even better than offering advice or words of consolation. A smile can say a lot.

I'm just glad that the person I made smile today told me that I had cheered them up in the most simplest way possible. The most important thing was that I barely even know the guy.

You don't need to know someone well to have the ability to make them smile after a hard day.

No comments:

Post a Comment