Thursday 10 April 2014

Blog Break.

Taking a break from doing coursework. This coursework is actually going so slow, only because it's 3000 words and because it's my last coursework. EVER. IN. MY. WHOLE. LIFE. Well, except the final project I guess, but I don't want to think about that yet. Ugh. Can't wait to be over and done with studying, it's dragged on way too long. I've loved this year though, I feel like I've become more confident in myself and that I WILL be able to get a job after I graduate. When I graduated from my BSc I wasn't confident in doing interviews, speaking to people I don't know, presenting myself like I should be doing etc. But after work experience, volunteering for a year, getting a real part time job, meeting new people in a new uni, meeting new people in a new work environment, I've become a lot more extroverted. 

Anyway, I've been doing my coursework for around 4 hours now and I've managed to do around 700 words. I actually want to get as much of it done as possible today, hopefully around 1500 words will be done by today so I have like 7 days to do another 1500 words which is plenty LOL. It's nice to go to sleep knowing that I've done most of my coursework but then again, I'd just be waking up, wasting as much time as possible before doing my coursework. Sigh. Mum is already annoyed at me because I turned down overtime at work. I hate doing overtime for my workplace because once you say yes, they fucking abuse it and call you up again and again as if you're the designated overtime person. Also, I'm trying to say no to overtime so they might actually employ more people for my department. It's so damn understaffed it's not even funny the amount of work one person in my department is expected to do - tills, tidy, fill-up, hangers, cash up, float and if worse comes to worse, it's busy, someone smashes something by accident, you can't leave that shit there as homeware is next to kidswear and there's always kids running around homeware. So you pretty much have to hunt for a cleaner (there's only one and he can be found ANYWHERE), or you go admin office, grab a key for the cleaner's cupboard, go all the way back up to staff room and get a broom to clean it up yourself. So if you work in my department, you're not only sales associate, you're also part time cleaner. I'll stop ranting about work though since I'm working this Saturday till 10:30pm sigh, damn Easter opening times. Didn't even know my workplace has special opening times for Easter as well as Christmas and New Years.  

Going to continue grinding on with coursework, can't wait to reach my 1500 word target and finish for the day. I have actually never ever done more than 1000 words of my coursework in one setting (apart from that one time in first year I accidentally deleted my whole coursework and had to start it from scratch again on the night before deadline day). This is an achievement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment