Friday 25 April 2014

Wassup wassup.

When I say to myself - "no more chocolate" I mean no more chocolate. It's been too often that I've eaten chocolate especially at this time of night. It's like, I see something interesting on TV to watch *whips out the chocolate*, I put on a movie *whips out the chocolate* This must stop. So today, I'm determined to not cave into my desires and instead, have moved my chocolate stash downstairs into the fridge. Far away, basically.

Started another K-drama out of desperation because I'm running out of things to watch. I've actually grown into this habit where I need to watch something to enjoy my meal/food/snack LOL. Started Emergency Couple and it's alright, not too sure if I like the whole hospital melodrama though. After watching the first couple of episodes I came to the conclusion that this ER unit must be the most unluckiest unit with the most unluckiest interns in the whole history of hospitals. A crazy man wanting to kill himself because he got dumped by his girlfriend grabs a gun and almost shoots everyone in the unit, these 2 interns get trapped in a lift with a cancer patient who starts vomiting blood - I mean, do any of these events even happen at hospitals? The likelihood of a crazed gunman and a lift breaking down just when this cancer patient is in need of help is almost higher than in real life in this drama. But let's keep in mind, this is a drama after all. Oh and can I mention, the main female actress in this is gorgeous. I won't start ripping it apart like Rooftop Prince... yet. Actually, I've made my mum start watching Rooftop Prince - there was nothing else I could recommend her was there? I mean, even my boyfriend's mum got hooked on Rooftop Prince so it must be good. She's taken a liking to Lee Min Ho after watching City Hunter LOL saying he's so tall, leng jai and handsome but I couldn't exactly recommend her to watch Heirs could I? It's not targeted for her age group... even I would feel a bit wrong if I saw my mum watching school romance k-dramas. Can you imagine my mum swooning over Lee Min Ho in a uniform? No, let's not go there. 

Went to the opticians yesterday because I finally felt like I needed to see an optometrist about my dodgy left eye. I really feel like I'm directionally challenged or dyslexic because I kept telling the optometrist that my "right" eye is blurry, my "right" eye is bloodshot, my "right" eye is sensitive to light - but when she had and look using those bright light tools optometrists use she started mentioning my left eye has problems. Then in my head and using what I usually use to determine left and right, I had actually meant my left eye all along... Sigh. Embarrassinggggggg. Anyway, she sent me home and to buy 2 brands of eyedrops to use to help my eye heal. Went hunting for them just before pharmacies closed and managed to get both, phew. Had to come back the next day as well for a full eye examination. 

So I went back today and saw a different optometrist - I had the bitch woman from last time yesterday and a really nice woman this time. There was a guy that did my eye health check up who started talking to me about my degree and stuff and it was really awkward for me because I had my glasses off and I couldn't even see his face, it was like one big blur so I was sitting there talking to this blurry faced man. Can't even remember his face at this moment... Or did I even see his face at all with glasses on? Anyway long story short, the optometrist said I had something called "staining" in my left eye which was the cause of the blurryness, sensitivity and everything that has been bugging me about my eye. She showed me some pictures and said mine was the most extreme, there are like, so many scratches on the surface of my eye which is why I have trouble seeing. It was scary when she said mine was the most severe =/ but at the end she said it was superficial and should heal in a few weeks which was a relief. I don't even know how this happened but I don't ever remember injuring my eye in anyway to get it so scratched up. Apparently all I need to do is to use the eyedrops "religiously" as the optometrist from yesterday said and the eye should heal! Sounds like an easy peasy job to me. 

My dad has been really worried bless him, I'm not even worried but it's because I'm always getting referred to eye clinics and stuff whenever I get an eye exam every year so he gets worried whenever something happens to my eye. It's a main reason I don't like telling him details but because he gave me a lift and waited for me and paid for parking, I thought he should know - something to talk about in the car on the way home. Really don't like him being worried though, it's nothing major anyway. But now I have to go back for another appointment on Tuesday and Thursday next week which is slightly annoying as I planned to crack down on revision for the whole week and not go out. So I'm working Sunday, revision class on Monday, opticians on Tuesday, nothing on Wednesday and opticians again on Thursday - annnnd suddenly my supposed week of revision has turned a whole lot busier than it should be. Apparently they just want to "monitor things" and make sure that my eye is on its way to healing. Better to be safe than sorry I guess. 

Also about these eyedrops so far, the 5x a day one doesn't feel like it's doing much right now but that's because this is probably my first whole day of using it 5x a day. The 2nd eyedrop is so gross, it's some thick oil like thing that you have to squeeze into your eye pouch and blink like 100 times till your vision goes clear. Because it's not viscous liquid, it causes blurring that lasts for around 10 minutes. Some weird eye lube. Made my eye feel all clammy and gross this morning even though it's supposed to protect it and prevent it from feeling dry in the morning. 

Had a very eventful 2 days, even bought myself chocolate yesterday to cheer myself up - it's not fun being blind in one eye x___o hopefully it improves quickly so I can get back to seeing properly with glasses on. I've been banned from contacts for a week so that sucks. Gonna have to go to work with glasses on this Sunday for the first time ever! I really pray it's going to be a quiet Sunday as I really can't be pushing my glasses up my non-existant nosebridge for the whole day if it's busy and I'm sweating and my glasses are falling down my face.   

No comments:

Post a Comment