Sunday 15 September 2013

A very tiring Sunday.

Today was especially tiring for a sunday. Normally, I work on Sundays and they're usually not too bad because Sundays are usually quiet in H&M with the mornings being generally chillaxing, maybe a busy period lasting for about 1-2 hours but nothing extreme. I thought today would be like any other Sunday but OH HOW WRONG WAS I. 

When I got to work, straight away I was put onto helping set up kidswear sale... Sorry what? Kidswear SALE? I didn't hear about no sale. Turns out this is some MEGA sale, I saw tons on clothes scattered around on the floor by visuals who were arranging the shop floor to set up sale rails. I didn't even have to touch delivery today, straight away I was putting hangers onto 100 pieces of clothing all over the floor, my poor knees T__T. Then I was putting stickers onto all the sale items with everyone else, I can't believe all that took 2 hours to do. 

By the end of the busy unexpected sale day, we had 2 rails and Mount Everest in the fitting room. I have no idea how so many dumpings accumulated so easily. The people in kidswear tomorrow are going to have a really lovely Monday morning clearing 3 rails worth of dumps. Oops. 

2nd week of orientations at uni tomorrow. I can't wait till lectures actually start, I feel really disorientated going into uni and not actually learning anything yet but rather hearing about things I've been doing for the past 3 years like academic referencing, plagiarism, how to write an essay etc etc. So I've decided to give those "talks" a miss because I'm assuming they're aimed at international students who have no idea how to write essays in the UK. But still, trust the important course-related talks to be held in the morning =____=. Luckily 10:30am is the earliest one I have, which is tomorrow, the rest I have are held in the afternoon which means more sleep for me. Woohoo. I'm dreading Wednesday though, because I have work straight after uni... I'll be waking up early for my talks at 11am then finishing at 5pm, then travelling to work straight away and finishing at 10pm - a glimpse of what working whilst studying is going to feel like. Goodbye life. 

A more positive aspect of my upcoming week is that I'll have been with my boyfriend for 7 months on Wednesday (the day I have that horrible day of uni and then work *cries*). It feels like a long time. Then on Friday I'll be having a double date with a friend I haven't seen in a long time and her boyfriend. This is technically my last week of being able to go out during the day - after this week, it'll be all work and very little play (or no play at all, depends on how antisocial I'm feeling by then). 

No comments:

Post a Comment