Tuesday 24 September 2013

University & Life.

So how have I been recently? 

I've been fat, busy and poor. Pretty much sums up my previous week up till now. 

Had fast food THREE times last week - crazy fatness, my cholesterol levels must be through the roof right now. Don't mind me if I have a heart attack sometime soon. Had to have KFC twice just because it's right outside my uni and to be fair, I hadn't had it for a very long time. Had McDonalds as well sometime during that week and then Subway when I was at work this weekend. To make matters worse for my health, I had McDonalds today as well, only a happy meal but I was so hungry okay!? Tomorrow, I swear I'll grab a subway or something. At least subway has veggies right? NO MORE KFC FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH. I've also been snacking on random things this week like chocolate here and there, crisps now and then. 

As for being busy, I've been busy with enrolment and orientation/induction week at uni then I've been working at the weekend as well, manager called me and asked me if I could do 4 hrs overtime on the Saturday - I thought why not? I'm working on Saturday anyway, may as well extend it and earn some more monies. I only do these things for kidswear and not any other floor like downstairs. Turns out my old team leader from downstairs is now the new team leader on kidswear, I'm so glad it wasn't that other newbie woman, she's nice but like ground floor said - she panics WAY too much. My team leader now is just cool, calm and collected and lets us work at our own pace even though she gives us time limits. She's casual as well. I think the type of people I hate most are those that are too formal in a retail job, in retail I think as well as working and doing what you're supposed to do, it's good to have fun with your colleagues as well. So work was atrociously busy that weekend, I was so pooped by the end of Sunday and to think I had uni the next day was something I wanted to forget. 

First week of uni, I loved my first lecture. 2nd lecture I had today - I absolutely hated it. It was all economics and this lecturer we have, she uses lots of complex economic terms assuming that we all know what she is talking about. I haven't the slightest clue about economics, so I found it really difficult to do the task in the seminar afterwards, I think everyone in my little group had difficulty. It was awkward when we were asked about what we found, no one wanted to talk and so there was just this odd silence until the lecturer asked the whole class instead. Uh oh. But to be fair, she didn't make the objective of the seminar clear at all. She may as well have been speaking another language, even when we asked her for help, we still didn't understand. Tomorrow, I have 2 lectures back-to-back, so a horrible and rather long 6 hour day for me. Luckily, I don't start early so I don't need to wake up at the crack of dawn to get to lectures. But at least these 2 lectures are lectures that I'm looking forward to having the most, it's not economic related and much more hands-on in terms of HRM. Finally a lecture that isn't just history or economics. 

I'm poor right now because it's payday soon. I'm always poor near payday because I spend too much - simple as. Although I suspect next pay will be better since I've bombed my bank account by buying a monthly travel card therefore I don't need to top up my oyster every week anymore. Though, i've been spending a lot eating with the boyfriend recently =/ we've been indulging on sushi, Korean, Nandos, Japanese too much. Everytime I suggest we just have McDonalds just to be cheapos (TRUST ME TO SAY THIS), he's all like "NO MCDONALDS >:(" and I'm all like "T___T" I love how my boyfriend screws at me for having too much fast food, I used to be the one screwing at him for having McDonalds for dinner every night he was at work >:( Ahh, it's only been 1 day since we saw each other and I miss the guy. Seeing him on Thursday though, my day off from uni - classes scheduled for Thursday don't start till week 2. Can't wait :) 

So right now, I'm planning to stay up till around 8am because there's this tournament on that my boyfriend got me into watching and I reaaaally want to watch it even though I'll be a zombie tomorrow - yay for 4 hours sleep tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment