Sunday 23 February 2014

I am so tired. Ugh.

Was back at work today for a full shift (well technically it was yesterday since it's 4am here atm...), full shifts kill me. It wasn't even busy but I was exhausted, delivery was understaffed this morning so I helped out and then around 1pm when I came back from lunch somehow we discovered there were like 6 more crates of delivery and I was the only one in the dept. My god. Had to do some extreme multitasking to unpack the delivery and serve customers at the same time, I was a bit grumpy to some customers because of it - the shop was quiet but somehow I felt like I was the only one doing so much work on a Sunday afternoon. Tried to page for my manager but she wasn't responding... Typical. She managed to come help me out herself at the end though, this was around 3:30pm - can you believe I was unpacking delivery for 2 hours before someone came to help??

I like this manager, I rarely see her though because she's normally a weekday person but she also raises local stress levels because she does things so fast and hurriedly that I'm like "oh god oh god I need to get things done quicker". Really wasn't bothered today because it was a Sunday, I was in that slow lazy mood. Even managed to forget to cash up £100 at the end of the day. Whoops. Almost cut myself as well because I had to help kidswear cut off half term offer labels - see, I'm homeware but I'm also kidswear, why can't I just leave when my dept is all sorted? If they did that then people would be inclined to work harder to leave on time right? Sometimes I feel like some depts are lazy and know that other depts will send help to them if they're too slow. Makes everyone leave later than we want to. 

Going back to uni tomorrow, I'm just glad my lecture is at 6pm - no waking up early. I cannot wake up early anymore, even waking up at 12pm is a real struggle. I'll be so glad to have a sleep in tomorrow <3, no boyfriend waking me up, no jet lag disturbing me, just me and my nice warm bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment