Thursday 27 February 2014

Sick AGAIN.

Can you believe I'm ill again, for the 4th or 5th time in the space of a few months...

I'm currently sitting in the library of my uni where I still have another 2 hours until my lecture starts and another 5 hours until I can finally go home. Luckily this library is fairly warm, yet I still have my coat on and my face is burning up because of this fever, my throat feels like daggers and it hurts to swallow so I'm skipping lunch today since I'm surrounded by KFC, McDonalds, Subway and other unhealthy fast food chains. 

So you might be reading this wondering why I haven't just decided to skip today and stay at home where it's warm, where I could be lying in bed till whatever time I want, where I could have a comfortable pyjama day in and worry about everything else another day. Well today I have too much going on to skip, just had a meeting with the area recruiter of H&M to talk about recruitment, she was so lovely, such a lovely woman, so helpful and friendly. It was so fun being there talking to her about things that I need to talk to her about and just being really casual with her. Right now a huge load has been taken off my chest because I finally have the stuff I need to get on with my assignment which I only have a week to write. Gotta start tomorrow since I plan to take this evening off to rest.

I plan to just stay in this library until my lecture starts because I can't be bothered to to outside in the cold but at the same time it's so boring in here. I'm not in the right mindset to do any work, I just want to be tucked up in bed at home with movies, dramas and games regressing into childhood state because I'm ill.

I slowly realise that as you get older and have more responsibilities and duties to yourself, you become more reluctant to take sick days for whatever reason because the cost of it will be too great. I wish I was a kid again so I can take sick days so easily because school has been doss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment