Friday 28 February 2014

Tonsillitis

Turns out I have tonsillitis LOL.

Woke up this morning with a fever and a killer sore throat, mum took a look at my throat and sure enough, it was all swollen and shit. Made an emergency appointment with the doctor and it was literally the fastest appointment I have ever had, was probably in there and out in the space of 2 minutes. He just took one look at my throat and saw it was so swollen and red he gave me antibiotics in case I started developing white pus filled spots on my tonsils. 

Been feeling shit all day, having fevers every few hours, having to take nurofen to make the fever go down and help with my sore throat. Antibiotics don't seem to be working yet since I only took one so far but antibiotics don't help with sore throats anyway. Been getting hot and cold flushes all day, had to force myself to eat most of my meals because I just have no appetite at all. I'll probably be like less than 120lbs by the time this tonsillitis goes away. Sigh. 

The more I lose weight, the worse my health gets. Ever since I lost a lot of weight, I've been getting ill more frequently, I blame it on London and its dirty air but maybe it's just because I'm neglecting my health. Need to get better by Sunday so I can go to work, I hate calling in sick and getting interrogated by my SM who thinks every call-in-sick is because of a hangover. Even if I told her I have tonsillitis she'll probably be like "take some nurofen and come into work" or "I'll change your shift for later so you can come and close". No escape.

Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment