Monday 10 March 2014

Why do I always leave things so last minute?

It's currently 4am and I've just finished teaching myself how to use Final Cut Pro...

I'm a complete noob at anything video editing related and iMovie was driving me mad because it won't let me cut my video and save it (something so simple right?) so I resorted to getting Final Cut Pro. I always end up getting more complicated and sophisticated programs instead of standard ones just because the standard ones can't even do something as simple as cutting and saving. Oh sorry, it's called 'exporting' in the video editing world. These video editing apps aren't really for people like me looking for the MS Paint equivalent of video editing. 

So tomorrow I'm going to be mock interviewing my boyfriend as part of my mini project for my degree. I can already see how badly and how long this will take us. He really needs to be serious for at least 30 min tomorrow or else I'm going to be very pissed off. I really just want to get these 3 mock interviews videoed and edited and ready to go because I really need to start the write up even though this project will only be 3000 words long. Seeing as how painful a further 500 words to my standard 2500 word essays can be, I really want to start early as my deadlines are all clustered together... again.

It seems like this semester is finally picking up pace, no more relaxing after uni and chilling on my days off. I need to start buckling down and getting these deadlines out of the way by skipping a few more of those pointless-nothing-to-gain lectures and just getting some of that word count out of the way. 

Other than boring uni stuff, life has been pretty chill. Just sitting around, going out, getting ill, coming home, suffering through the illnesses, going to work through the illnesses etc. I have this week off work though, the last remaining hours of my holiday pay (until next month), I planned to spend it doing work but it looks like I'm going to be catching up on precious relationship time that has been long overdue. It's the weekends that I have off work that I really wish I didn't even have work at all on weekends, but H&M staff discount and my practically non-existent presence at work really doesn't make it seem as bad as I make it sound. 

I remember saying student life would be perfect if I had a good balance between studying and weekend work (back when I had no job and just spent my days as a student bumming around living off student finance)... Oh how wrong was I, money is definitely NOT easy to make. You realise that when you're no longer protected by the financial bubble known as a student loan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment