Friday 28 March 2014

Socially Awkward.

I feel like I'm socially awkward when it comes to my fellow masters classmates. I don't know whether it's because I don't know how to talk to internationals or whether it's because I'm already from this country so I don't feel like I need to make friends with others (not that having new friends is something bad...) but whenever there's a social event, I just don't feel like going. Socially awkward right there. I even considered that maybe they think I'm fresh off the boat so they think I don't speak English LOL.

That reminds me of a few days ago when me and the boyfriend were in Waterloo and this street entertainer was all like "HELLO, WELCOME TO LONDON!!" to us and we were just walking away from him in our face and I shouted "WE ARE FROM LONDON!" was a funny moment. It's like if you're of ethnic minority in London, you need to get used to street entertainers all up in your face trying to get you to buy something or watch something. Similar thing with these women trying to sell you roses in Chinatown - yes, they've invaded Chinatown.

I submitted an essay 3 days before the deadline today, wtf is going on? I'm always a day before the deadline kind of person but for some reason I managed to finish this essay super quickly. When I read through it, I had a feeling a lot of it was lifted from the textbook but oh well, you can't blame me for the lack of literature on culture and change out there. I blame the academics in this field. I can't even celebrate the fact that this essay is out of the way though, because I have another 2 to do (technically, I have 3 including my final project but that's not due for another 6 months so I don't even want to think about it).

Can't sleep right now so I'm trying to waste some time by doing some blogging, no one is on League to play with me... Flipped my mattress earlier and it feels sooooo good. The perks of having a memory foam mattress - best investment ever. I need to invest in a heated mattress cover next winter, tried to get the boyfriend to buy me one for Christmas but then other things got in the way of my dreams to never have cold feet in bed ever again.

Celebrating Mother's Day early tomorrow, Mum wants yum cha (a.k.a. dim sum) tomorrow so we have to treat her to that. She doesn't know we bought her flowers either so somehow, Mother's Day has become ever more expensive as the years go by - I still remember we used to invest our pocket money on buying a card for Mum every year, now it's all about the yum cha and flowers now. But hey, you only ever have one Mum. I love being able to have money to spend on Mum, even though I earn peanuts working part time in retail, I spend wisely now so that I can buy things I really feel like I deserve rather than spending for the sake of spending. I have the most wonderful and supportive boyfriend as well who always helps me out and doesn't ask for anything back - I'm so grateful to have him by my side.

Better finish here before I get soppy and obsessive.

No comments:

Post a Comment