Monday 17 March 2014

Weekend off work.

Just had a nice weekend off work despite having to do coursework on Friday and Saturday, but then again, that's pretty standard for me. It's March now and I have 3 pieces of coursework one due each week back to back at the end of March, so I'm trying to make some progress at the moment before I stress out and have a breakdown. I've "started" two pieces, these pieces of coursework are easy but I really should think about what I'm writing before I write things now. Literature search is a pain as well, mainly because there really is no literature that I can work with at the moment - I mean how many people write journal articles about how to interview properly?? I guess I'll just cross that bridge when I get to it.

Sunday was a rare day for me, usually I work so it was nice to have a week off. The weather was perfect too. Went out for lunch at Vapiano in central London with the bf, we actually didn't know what we wanted for lunch, at one point it was McDonalds, then it was Burger King, then we upgraded to Pizza Hut, then we considered KFC and finally we were like ah Vapiano! So we ended up there and had some pasta for lunch.


I had the carbonara here, it was actually really nice that day, it wasn't too thick and heavy. I've noticed at Vapiano, it really depends on which chef you go to, there was once I had the carbonara made by someone else and it was thick as hell, I couldn't even finish it. This was perfffff. The Arizona green tea here is really nice too, perfect with my pasta. 

During my visit to HK, I bought myself a Polaroid camera and happened to have it with me so we took some selfies... Practice selfies actually, since I bought a separate lens to attach onto the Polaroid that has a mirror on it. It's really hard to use... There was one where we were ridiculously close up, I guess my short arms aren't cut out for taking selfies on the Polaroid. 


Went to watch Need for Speed later that evening in 3D at the Odeon in Leicester Square. Tickets were damn expensive because it's on a huuuuge screen and because it's 3D. We were actually disappointed in the movie, when I compare it to the Fast and Furious franchise, this one is really bad for a racing movie. The story was cliche, we knew this kid was going to die from the minute he showed up and we could predict what would happen in the end. Ever since the kid died the whole movie exploded into some sort of revenge plot for the main character. I think we just watched it for Aaron Paul because me and the bf are big fans of Breaking Bad LOL. Props to Imogen Poots for her witty acting though, perfect portrayal of what we British people are. 

Ended the day by having some Nandos, I imagine I'll be having a lot more Nandos within these 2 months since we have too much free chicken to claim before they expire in May. Had some bubbletea in chinatown before we went home. I usually buy the Mango QQ from Chatime but I decided to try the Passion Fruit Green Tea. It was bitter as hell but for some reason, I actually quite enjoyed it... 

So it's Monday today and I have a lecture later. It really sucks to be having lectures in the evening, I wake up at 3pm because I sleep at 7am (yeah, my sleeping pattern has once again, reverted back to some awful state), then I go to uni come home, do no work and sleep. I think I'll have to start waking up earlier to do some coursework before uni so I can actually come home and afford to do nothing without feeling guilty as hell. 

Have a good week peoples! 


No comments:

Post a Comment