Saturday 24 August 2013

Back to reality soon.

The final weeks of my summer are quickly approaching. I can't believe it's been like... what? 3 months since I finished my last exam at RHUL, a month since I graduated and now a few weeks before I start the next and final chapter of my education. To say the least, I'm excited to learn something new, 3 years studying psychology has taught me many things, but at the same time, I'm ready to learn something new. It's scary at the same time since my degree is from a scientific background, I might not have the same business foundations as the majority taking the course. But oh well, I'm sure I'll manage one way or another.

Reflecting on my summer, not a lot happened at the beginning. I quickly moved into the lazy mode right after exams ended, just because it was well-deserved. I mean, who wouldn't want to spend at least a good few weeks doing nothing but sleeping and eating when all you've been doing for the last 2 months is cramming for exams and stressing over how badly each exam could go? 

Getting to the point, I'm just grateful for everything I've achieved/people that have supported me this summer. Obviously, starting with my valuable 2:1 degree (pretty much my "passport" to future employment opportunities/further education). Landing a part-time job at the right time, giving me the opportunity to experience business before I study business and also to earn some extra pocket money so I can treat my family. My boyfriend for his support through exam time and all those times he's celebrated my success with me, always being there to hear out my good news. Finally, my parents for their support and encouragement in my future plans - without their financial input, I wouldn't be able to afford to pursue a masters in HRM, without their encouragement, I would still be dithering over what I want to do in the future. I'm just so glad that even though my interests and choices of paths in career have changed so many times in the space of 3 years, they still continue to support me rather than question me and make me doubtful of myself (which actually, I was scared of when I decided I wanted to do HRM...) 

Right now I guess I'm at the stage of finalising my summer, trying to get back into the mindset of having a routine everyday once I begin masters. I don't quite know what to expect because it's a new course for me, a new university, a new routine of travelling and learning where buildings are. I'm excited to finally experience studying inside central London even though it will undoubtedly blow a big hole in my bank account (darn TFL and their sky-rocketing travel prices -___-), but who knows where this course will take me? I'm just most excited about the opportunities HRM will open up for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment