Wednesday 14 August 2013

Bad day ended up better than expected.

My day started off badly for a couple of reasons.

Wanted to wake up early to fix my sleeping a little but I kept snoozing my alarm so I ended up waking up at 1pm... again. Better than the time I woke up at 5pm though. The day seems so pointless when I wake up really late. Also, because I have nothing to do until Uni starts, I'm sitting around at home eating lunch when I wake up then heading back to bed if I'm really tired =/ I wanted to sleep early tonight so I could wake up comfortably and handle a 9 hour shift at work.

Was supposed to see the boyfriend today but he had other plans so things didn't work out. I'm still sad and have been for 2 days since he's crap at communication when he's "busy", but I'll get over it I guess. I don't really care anymore tbh, he's done it too many times. Doesn't take any time at all to send a quick text to see how my day was or how I'm doing from time to time you know. Maybe I'm just being too demanding but yeah... Those are my expectations.

But, the day got better because of another couple of reasons.

I perfected my carbonara! On Monday I made carbonara for me and my boyfriend and it was the 2nd time I'd tried to. Both times, I found that the sauce kept scrambling within seconds of me adding it to the pasta. So it looked a bit of a mess by the time I was serving it =( After reading some tips about how to make the (supposedly) perfect carbonara, I finally got it to suit my tastes. I realised that I like carbonara without all the garlic and shallots rubbish in it, the taste of those is way too strong for my liking =/ so I left those out today. Also, I poured the sauce over the pasta before I turned the hob on. It looks like using residual heat is better than pouring sauce onto heated pasta - duh! I thought the problem was me using whole eggs rather than yolks for a while. Looks like it can work both ways. Woohoo, I think I'll get it right everytime I make it after I make it a few more times.

Mum probably saw how sad I looked today because my day started off rubbish so she took me to Richmond for a riverside walk with Dad. I was kinda lazy and reluctant but it was better than not doing anything at all. Hanging out with my Mum and Dad wasn't so bad anyway, too bad we ate lunch already at home or else it would've be perfect with some fish and chips at the end.

Ended up taking a nap when I got home, I felt really sick after taking a nap though, I had that yucky seawater smell up my nose for a few hours which made me feel really nauseous. I felt better after dinner though and even better after a hot shower so it wasn't all that bad.

I can't wait to get back to work tomorrow, too many things on my mind that I don't want to think about right now. I just want to bury myself in work until the end of the day, go home, sleep, rinse and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment