Friday 9 August 2013

Retail.

Yes, I knew I'd write one of these bitching-about-retail posts eventually.

It makes me sad that there are so many nasty customers upstairs where I work. There was one that wanted to refund something they bought 6 months ago, when refused, she got verbally aggressive towards our manager claiming that the receipt didn't say when clearly it did. I have no idea how she could still argue that she was in the right. I'm glad I wasn't the one that had to deal with her. Today, there was an instance where a customer asked me what I could do about this dirty toy she had picked up and (I assume) she wanted to buy. So I told her we can't give her a discount for it because it's not a manufacturing fault and she was like "yeah, but it's dirty", so I told her that if she buys it and the dirt doesn't come off when she tries to clean it, she can bring it back for a refund. After that she got angry at ME, claiming that I was telling her to buy a dirty toy for her baby. In my head I was like "THEN DON'T BUY IT" but obviously working in retail you have to be fake and so all I could do was apologise. I wasn't even telling her to buy it, I was just telling her our policies LOL. Calm yourself woman.

Then later on in the day, I came out of the stockroom to serve a customer and I hear a woman asking her if she's ok and the woman at the till looked so confused saying "yeah? I'm paying..." then the woman that asked her the question started referring to her as "some stupid woman" when she was talking to her friend. It was just awkward because I felt bad for the woman I was serving since I'm sure she didn't do anything rude to the other woman to deserve it. She looked really sad and confused and I didn't really know what to say. I wanted to be all like "just ignore it, we get customers like that a lot here" but it doesn't really sound appropriate does it?

I was only working 4 hours today. So much shit happens during a day working at retail.

No comments:

Post a Comment