Tuesday 27 August 2013

Not even halfway through this week of hell.

For this week, I've been put on closing shift every other day. I'd rather have 3 consecutive closing shifts rather than this to be honest. It will feel like I won't have a day off apart from those odd days in between. For once since I started working for H&M will I have a week where I don't have consecutive days off. I liked my consecutive days off T__T.

Anyway, today I did the hellish closing shift - I'm calling these particular closing shifts 'hellish' because for some unclear reason we are closing at 10pm rather than 9pm for these 2 weeks. I'm just assuming it's because it's the end of the summer season., maybe H&M are desperate to shift their stock or are desperate to make extra monies. Although it's only an extra 30 mins stay (we get to leave at 10:30pm), never have I experienced a slower 30 minutes pass by in my life. I was literally dying at the end, I had to go into the staff room to grab a drink of water before I fainted from exhaustion or something. But we powered through, there's this one really lively girl I work with and she's all like "LET'S DO THIS GUYS!" and I'm there with her like, "how can you have so much energy at 10pm?" I was so relieved when we were allowed to leave. Tomorrow I get to have a day of rest, I'm expected to be limping all over the place tomorrow, it always happens after I do an 8 hour shift at work. Too much standing/running/walking around involved in retail.

Another reason why I'm labelling this week the 'week of hell' is because my boyfriend is finally starting his new job! Woohoo. I'm so relieved he's no longer bumming around at home, playing LoL all day, eating at weird times (he has dinner at 3am...) and sleeping his life away. But that's the good side, the bad side is that he's working for the next 3 days which means we won't really get to speak much until the end of the week, and then when the end of the week arrives, I'll be jetting off to Barcelona with my family for 5 days. He's working 9-5 for the next 2 days and then getting a review on the 3rd day for his performance and they'll discuss his salary and stuff like that. Aww, I'm really proud of him to be honest, even though this job, he pretty much had it handed to him on a plate - his old manager recommended him to a company and they directly contacted him wanting to meet him and talk about his skills. Silly boy got all cocky saying that he was right to bum around a while longer because this opportunity was coming to him - TRYING TO JUSTIFY HIS LAZINESS. My boyfriend always does this, though it makes me laugh how much he tries to argue his way through, it's quite cute. I can't wait to see him all suited up looking smart for work though. This is probably the most I've ever spoke about Simon on my blog.

Roll on the rest of the week. In some ways, I'm excited to be leaving the country on Sunday. I miss spending quality time with my family, ever since my brother got busy with his PhD and I started working, it's been many years since we went on a real holiday together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment