Wednesday 7 August 2013

Past month.

So this past month, I've been busy working and applying for masters really. From the last entry I made, I probably mentioned how much I was hating retail. Right now, I've gotten to the I-don't-mind phase, only because I've gotten used to it and the people are actually really nice there (aside from a few). JUST when I started getting used to working on ground floor ladieswear, they moved me to kidswear =____= at first I was a bit meh about it because come on, I just get used to wear (oops! I mean 'where' - the effects of working in retail, I've already been brainwashed) everything is and now you're throwing me into a new area? At least my floor manager is lovely in kidswear, she always offers to help out if I'm finding things difficult or if the situation is bad when we're closing. I remember on ground floor I was too scared to ask for help because they might call me slow or criticise me unfairly LOL. I've come to accept that retail is retail, I wasn't expecting it to be some laid back easy job anyway but as for a first job, it's adequate. It was just the management I was exposed to was really poor when I started, I was glad at least some co-workers agreed with me on that part. But no, kidswear is lovely, there's just a lack of staff on kidswear so you tend to get angry customers staring at you when you're alone at the till.

Aside from work, my life's been pretty good, I've been given an unconditional offer to study MA in Human Resource Management in Westminster University which is awesome. It's a shame the fees aren't as awesome. I also applied to Kingston University, but the thing is, I'll be in a dilemma over which to choose. I love the course at Westminster but the location of Kingston is more ideal, I would save money on travel since I could get a bus to Kingston. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it of course. 

Things on the relationship side have been okay on the most part. I tend not to talk about my relationship on here just because I like to keep my feelings about these things private. They could be better but they're alright for now, there are some days where I still feel disappointed, let down etc. But you know, at the end of the day, all I can do is wait and hope that things will change. It's almost been 6 months but when I think about it 6 months is still pretty new so maybe I'm just being impatient for perfection. I have the right to though don't I? It's hard to trust someone who has broken your trust so many times already in 6 months. 

Since I've had acceptance into university for the upcoming year, I pretty much have nothing to do LOL. I said this to my boyfriend yesterday that my days from now until September are meaningless because I already know what I'll be doing at the end of summer - studying. Because of that, I've pretty much screwed up my sleeping pattern big time this week. Take today for instance, I woke up at 7pm... I've been staying up to play League of Legends with my boyfriend which is so bad. Since he's nocturnal like me, we're a really bad pair :( I have work tomorrow at 10am as well. I have no idea how I'm supposed to sleep. In fact I should be sleeping right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment