Tuesday 13 August 2013

Finally back on Mac OS.

After months of using nothing but Windows 7 on my Macbook I've finally gone back to using Mac OS. I guess I missed having everything, because my Windows 7 was partitioned to about 1/6th of my hard drive there wasn't much I could actually transfer over to Windows - plus, what's the point of transferring anything from Mac OS when they'll just be on the same laptop? Also, Windows 7 did run a LOT smoother than Mac OS, just because Windows is more compatible with i7, or so I was told. But startup is a lot faster as well as a range of other things.

The only things that really did get to me was not having Microsoft Word when I needed it, such as to do my personal statements for masters application... I had to keep switching back and forth, also, I was using Wordpad so sometimes my CV would look all messed up because I originally wrote it on Word. Sigh, why can't they just make all Wordpad/Word documents compatible with each other?

The main reason for me using Windows though is probably League of Legends. LoL on Mac looks really weird... Plus the fact that it's a "beta" client doesn't sound very reliable. But oh well, it's playable for now at least. Boyfriend fixed all my hotkeys and stuff in game when he was round yesterday, that was another reason I couldn't be bothered to play on Mac because I had all my custom hotkeys and stuff on Windows.

Also, it just dawned on me now that there's only a month left until I have to start education again just after graduating a month earlier. Why does time always go so fast? Before I know it, I'll have finished masters and I'll have to go into work *sob*

I don't want to work, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment