Saturday 22 December 2012

I'm in for a chocolate paralysis Christmas.

So, my brother went to Brussels for the day with his girlfriend and came home with about £50 worth of Belgian chocolate.

*dies*

Also, Mum bought so much junk food home from god-knows-what crazy offers she's seen. Mum is a sucker for offers, buy one get one free - she buys more than 1. So in the kitchen, there's a sack of truffles/praline (truffles and praline are my FAVOURITE type of chocolate - I have such an awesome brother that knows what good chocolate is *cries tears of joy*), boxes of Ferrero Rocher (sadly, I love these too), huge bags of crisps (about 4 or 5), 2 packs of Maryland cookies (I love these too...) and a pack of chocolate digestives (and these...). You know what, forget Christmas dinner coma, I'm going to be in junk food coma this Christmas.

I'm actually really looking forward to Christmas this year because for once, my brother is taking a full month off his PhD - last year, he worked all the way up until Christmas eve or something and had only a week off. Also, what's even more special is that my parents will be here and not working anymore since they retired recently. Annnnd, I might be spending Christmas over at my uncle's place with their family and I'll get to see my cousin's new baby! The only downside to this year is our house is still a mess, the refurb schedule was all messed up since the carpenter fell ill one weekend so everything was pushed back and now things are still incomplete. Mum is paranoid about them running away (she watches too much Watchdog/Rogue Traders/Cowboy Builders), I feel a little bad because this one time she was close to tears - she has a lack of trust for these kind of traders. I mean, they may be a little slow at doing things but that's no reason to suspect they'll run away with your cash.

And yeah, that also means my room won't be ready by Christmas day :< I'm still shacked up in my brother's room and it's not really nice because he sleeps like a whale and sometimes sounds like one too. My bed is here though, it survived doomsday. Mum wants to build it soon but I don't really mind, I mean, whether I get to sleep in it now or later doesn't make a difference to me. I just want my own room back T___T.

Other than that, I still have a ton of work to do for uni. I'm falling slightly behind schedule because of laziness and my brother being home (yeah, I can't work with him at home because we end up hanging out too much and before I know it, it's already past midnight...) so, I might attempt to do some more work now.

Roll on new years eve! There's no way I'm staying indoors after surviving 21/12/2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment