Thursday 20 December 2012

When can I ever be happy with myself?

Another self-directed rant.

You know those days where you wake up just wondering what the hell is wrong with yourself? No? Okay, well I'm having one of those days, the weather is absolute shitting hell outside (excuse my language), it's affected my mood adversely. I woke up feeling like poo this morning which resulted in me skipping placement for the day (I love how the handbook says "if you're ill just don't come in", I don't even have to email or call up anyone to tell them I'm not coming). Furthermore, my umbrella is non-existant at the moment because it's either broken without me knowing or buried under some pile of mass somewhere in my house - so that makes going out a bit impossible.

I woke up to my parents arguing (I woke up and fell back to sleep a few times I guess you can imagine), yet again. They've argued a lot recently because of the house, the work is stalling, Mum trusts no one, Dad likes to vent, blah. Yeah, Mum still thinks she's being scammed by these blokes because they're working super slow at the moment and the problem is that they already have most of our money. I feel a little helpless because there's nothing I can do really, if I do find out that they've run off with our money, I won't hesitate to call Watchdog on behalf of my Mum haha. No, I'm serious.

Anyway, I'm making some sort of feeble attempt at doing my essay today. I'm still aiming for 1500 words to be done by Saturday so I can focus on other things in the next 2 weeks. Videos should take 2 days to code, methods should take 3 days to write up so that's my next week sorted. Any spare days I should be spending on my essay since almost everything is due the first week back and I know I'll panic if I fall behind. I'm currently on 664 words, I'll aim to do about 750 today and call it a day, maybe do another 400 words tomorrow and then fill in the rest on Saturday. I really would like a day of rest so... I'm giving myself Sundays off plus Christmas Day and NYE (only because I do plan on going out and getting sloshed with Jen).

I'll slink back into my essay now...

/horribleday
/stupidrant
/don'tworryidon'thatemyself

No comments:

Post a Comment