Sunday 30 December 2012

This little voice in my head won't go away.

No, I'm not going insane.

It's just there's a voice in the back of my head that's always saying something, something along the lines of "YOU STILL HAVE HALF AN ESSAY AND A METHODS WRITE UP TO COMPLETE BEFORE 7TH. YOU STILL HAVE HALF AN ESSAY AND A METHODS WRITE UP TO COMPLETE BEFORE 7TH. YOU STILL HAVE HALF AN ESSAY AND A METHODS WRITE UP TO COMPLETE BEFORE 7TH."

I STILL HAVE HALF AN ESSAY AND A METHODS WRITE UP TO COMPLETE BEFORE THE 7TH.

How is it already 30th December and almost the end of Christmas break? Why has my Christmas break been shortened by a week this year? Why am I going back to uni after next week already? Why have I not enjoyed Christmas at all this year? Why is 3rd year continuously on my mind? Why do I not care about anything else apart from university?

My life feels so sucky this year because of the workload. Not sure how other people in my course are coping but I find this really taxing. The fact that I work at the pace of snail when it comes to coursework - I've grown into the habit of doing very little but often - not sure if that's a bad thing or a good thing but I've spoken about this to my personal advisor and I made it seem like a bad thing because the stress is ongoing. I rarely have a day where I'm like "okay! screw work, I'm going to just sit around and do nothing." In fact if I ever did that, I'd feel so guilty, I'd force myself to do some work even if it means sleeping at 5am.

I just want to graduate already and have a summer full of nothingness apart from sleeping, eating, seeing friends, eating, sleeping. Before another year of studies starts again. GRADUATION NEEDS TO COME FASTER PLS. At this point, I'm not even thinking about next year, or my future for once, I just want to get what needs to be done out of the way so I can actually consider my future (well my future has already been decided actually).

Something not work related. I must have spent at least £200 in the past week. Boxing day sales have got the better of me and I ended up buying so much.

  • 3 pairs of heels (yes 3, don't ask why, I don't even wear heels out much unless it's to a party...)
  • Jeans, a vest top and a checkered shirt from Superdry (I've become such a sucker for Superdry clothes even though they sell at extortionate prices...) 
  • 2 party dresses and a clutch bag from Republic 
  • A hoodie (even though I have so many already, stupid stupid stupid me)
  • A cardigan I saw yesterday when I went shopping with Sherilyn
I vow to not shop again until the end of exams. 

Although I'm feeling slightly guilty, I'm also feeling quite proud of myself at the moment for 2 reasons - I'm not in overdraft for once in my crappy student life and I've still managed to reach my goal for savings.

NO MORE. NO MORE SHOPPING. EVER AGAIN. 

So how did I spend my Christmas anyway? I played mahjong with my family and totally destroyed all of them, I won around £17. 

Boxing day I went to my uncle's place and saw my baby cousin/nephew or whatever people call their cousin's children. He's the cutest thing ever. He was so hyper when he saw everyone and started dancing Gangnam style and forcing everyone else to dance. HE WAS SO CUTE I ALMOST COULDN'T CONTAIN MYSELF. Then the realisation came to me, I'm no longer the youngest Yu in my family. Huhuhu.

Not much else to update. My room is still incomplete, sadly. Everything else is done except for the cupboards in my room. My bed is here, I have a lovely memory foam mattress now that I can't wait to sleep on. Actually, I can't wait to move back into my room. I'm tired of staying in the same room as my brother. But I've said this many times, the excitement is wearing away a little as I have no idea when my room will be complete which is ultra annoying. 

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I made this entry to run away from doing my work but as I've run out of things to talk about I guess I'll have to start something. I think I'll do my methods write up now since my essay requires thought and I don't really want to open that document up just yet. I'm pretty brain dead today since it's Sunday and the weather is killing me with its gloominess.   

No comments:

Post a Comment