Wednesday 3 October 2012

First week of being a finalist student at university - survived.

So, as the title suggests, yes I am alive after a very tiring 3 days. 

Of course, after spending the past 2 months sleeping at ridiculous times, it will take a few more weeks until I can get over the tiredness associated with waking up at 9:30am to get into uni for my 11am lecture. The life of a commuter is indeed a difficult one. Though, I'm not one to complain since I'm saved from having to take public transport because of my trusty little motor. 

I really have no idea how these 3 days have been so tiring. My week throughout term 1 doesn't sound all that bad. 3 x 11am lectures Mon-Weds for 2 hours each day. I guess the drive to uni is quite long and tiring, I loathe driving, I'd rather be driven around if anything. If anything, in the future, I refuse to be a wife that drives her husband around. 

Anyhow, my project is underway, I work with 2 other people so it's not all that bad. I'd rather a smaller group than a large project group - easier to communicate with 2 people rather than 5 if you get what I mean. 

In terms of my dissertation, I'm actually still on square one. Speaking of dissertation, the deadline in choosing a supervisor is looming and I've only made a rough choice - incase I actually forget to submit my choices, I've submitted a rough one, just an idea of who I might like to have (hey, you never know what could happen, I call it the 5-months-of-being-out-of-education-amnesia). But with only 2 days until the deadline, I don't think I have time to personally meet any of the potential supervisors, but rather I'd have to just read their little research descriptions on the Psychology page and decide from that.

On top of that, I've actually decided to try and meet my personal advisor before I apply for UCL. Though, I'm not sure if she'd be of much help. The toughness of getting into MSc for SLT is so high that I might need to reconsider what I would do if it turns out I won't be able to do the course because of a lack of experience compared to other people. I need to write my statement for that too... Darn. I need to get references too, I actually don't know whether to apply this year. A big problem is that I don't know if I can ask Courtenay for a reference since she doesn't really know me, at the moment, I only have one solid referee and that's my personal advisor. I might actually decide to do one year of research instead at UCL and then... either go into PHD or do another masters at UCL for speech and language therapy. So confusing. I need to talk to my advisor about this. But can you really imagine me with a BSc, MRes AND MSc? I'll be so overqualified. Boo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment