Wednesday 24 October 2012

The weather in London is a total let down.

Monday - fog, mist, disgusting spitty type rain. My hair was outrageous by the time I got home and I estimate, I only spent around 10 minutes walking in the rain at that time.

Tuesday - same as Monday, except I was clever enough to tie my hair up that day.

Wednesday - same but no spitty rain, my hair survived today.

Anyway I didn't make this to talk about my hair but rather, my week. I thought I'd blog about the "end of my week" on a Wednesday because technically, it is the end of my week as I have no more uni hours. In a way it depresses me that I only get 6 contact hours this year. I'd want more so I feel like I'm paying £3k worth of tuition, but on the flipside, having so much spare time to get my reading done and my notes up to date, project sorted out, I even have time to be OCD about what my notes are named as on my netbook. Can't really complain about that. I'm somewhat determined to have no life this year apart from uni and placement. I'm so excited for my hospital placement - I know, I sound so lame but I'd love to work in a hospital in the future. I wouldn't say I'm a people person but doing something you're interested in is really fun. I really want to have a job in the future that I enjoy, you know? There's no point being a doctor/lawyer if you don't enjoy it or have an interest in it if you get what I mean?

My day started off a little different today, I was up at 8:30am to buy tickets for the Big Bang concert. YES, I AM GOING. I ended up forking out for 4 tickets but I have reliable friends that pay me back instantly which is good haha. A little expensive but I MIGHT NOT EVER GET THE CHANCE TO SEE THEM AGAIN. Then I drove to uni - as usual, no parking space so I just dumped my car somewhere and went to lecture. I was literally dead when I came home, who knew waking up an hour earlier than usual would make me feel so ill. I was moaning to Jenny about having to get up at 8:30am when she has to get up at 6am ahaha, I felt so evil.

I took a colossal 3 hour nap, Mum woke me up JUST when I fell asleep to ask me for my bank details so she can transfer me some savings. Must say I was not impressed, she always wakes me up at the wrong time. But luckily I fell asleep again shortly after. There's nothing worse than having your sleep disrupted, I get so moody if I'm woken up during a nap. Anyway, by the time I woke up for dinner I felt super ill, stupid ulcer in my mouth doesn't help either, I didn't really have an appetite because the hot rice was really painful against my ulcer.

I guess you could say today was pretty crap. I can't wait for this ulcer to heal so I can eat again. I hate eating my favourite foods when I have ulcers, it's not enjoyable so I opt not to eat anything yummy until it heals so I can enjoy it :)

Tomorrow will be a day of textbook reading, extra note taking and eating lots of Haribo to fuel my brain with glucose.

No comments:

Post a Comment