Tuesday 30 October 2012

Random news blogpost.

I just read the thing about the mother suffering from post natal depression and killing her children.

I find it really admirable that the husband can forgive the wife for killing their children. It's really brave of him to stand up for her in court and defend her even though she'd taken away something precious from him.

When people read the article, I noticed that a lot of comments weren't negative towards the mother even though she'd just killed two innocent children. Of course, I feel the same way - I don't think anyone can judge her on what she's done because no one knows how traumatic post natal depression can be unless they've had it or are experiencing it. It's fine to say that the bottom line is that she's killed her children but at the same time, I feel like she'll be paying for that in her own way throughout her whole life. She doesn't need a jail sentence because she'll be reminded of it every single day for the rest of her life. I feel really sorry for her in a way.

I actually believe that she was a good mother, mental illnesses can make people do bizarre things.

No comments:

Post a Comment