Tuesday 23 October 2012

November = month of no life.

Literally.

Many good things happened today. I'm so excited for Novemeer but at the same time, I'm scared.

I won't be applying to UCL this year, because the course requirement requires me to have already gained my degree at the time of application. Therefore, I'll be applying to City instead, I might even end up at UCL anyway if I get rejected from City. But the difference is I'll be paying £7k to study an MRes for a year and then get into UCL SLT the year after. Either way, I'll end up being where I want to be by the end. Not applying to Reading anymore because of their wacky admission procedures and the chances of me getting a place there is very slim because they only have 10 places for 300 applicants. Derp.

So today, I was sitting in lecture and then during the break, I check my email... I got offered a placement at the stroke unit at Charing Cross Hospital. I actually had to do a double take because I was so surprised, I couldn't manage to get an assistant placement for SLT but working with people who have suffered stroke is just... amazing. I don't know, maybe I have weird interests but it would be so damn exciting to work with patients who have suffered stroke, to observe and help out and just experience what it's like to work with these people would be such a wonderful thing. So obviously, I emailed back immediately saying I'm interested, funny thing is my email sounds so uninterested when I read it but obviously I can't be all like "OMG YES PLEASE!!" in my email even though my reaction was pretty much that inside my head. Need to keep professional...

After my lecture I went to visit Jess, I don't think it'll actually dawn on me that she's actually leaving for Beijing tomorrow and that I won't see her for 9 months. I'm just glad I got to see her one last time without all the noise and gathering of parties with drink involved. It's nice to be able to get one-on-one time with her and just chat over a cup of tea or something (I'm turning into such a granny...). But all the same, I wish her all the best for the next 9 months, wishing her luck with her TEFL course and her new experiences! My friends are growing up so fast it makes me shed a tear haha.

I may be getting a new car for my graduation, I don't actually know why because when I graduate and move on to study in central London, I won't be needing a car anymore =/ but my Dad insists on exchanging my car that's falling apart and is quite possibly, the most unlucky car ever. The other day, I had a flat tyre due to a nail getting stuck in, had to call breakdown to change my tyre over to the spare and then drive it to the garage and fork out £60 for a new tyre - that wasn't a very exciting start to my day. This car has had so many nails in it, scrapes, bumps and scratches to it. I just don't know what car I should get... I don't want a Honda Civic anymore because my Dad bought one and I wouldn't be seen dead owning the same car as him haha. I love Japanese cars because they're just so amazing to drive in and so durable so I might just swap it for a smaller, cuter Mazda 2. I'm actually quite attached to my Mazda 3 even though it's so ugly and generically silver (I have a strong dislike for silver cars), I get sad whenever something bad happens to it - am I weird? Or should I get a Mazda RX-8? Ohhh that car is so sexy, but I'd be swimming in debt for the rest of my life. I saw someone drive a shiny red Mazda RX-8 at uni and I look at my Mazda 3 and... Nah, I'm kidding, I love my ugly car.  

No comments:

Post a Comment