Wednesday 14 November 2012

Another procrastination blog entry.

Yup, better get used to reading these.

I find that when I'm doing an essay, coming on here and just talking about random nonsense is quite therapeutic. It's always good to think about other things when you take a quick break from writing, it allows me to clear my head and think about things from other perspectives which I may have missed due to thinking too hard about things.

I was thinking too hard about an hour ago, it took me almost 30 minutes to try and structure this one sentence so that it doesn't contradict everything I had written (I have a bad habit of contradicting myself when I try to write too quickly *self confession*).

Anyway, progress on my coursework is surprisingly smooth. After this essay, I no longer want to read another paper or textbook chapter on how infants learn that objects still exist when you hide them. It's interesting, most of psychology is, but there's just so much evidence out there that it's overwhelming and headache inducing. After this one, I have another due on the 6th December about how organisations employ people. As you can see, psychology is very broad - I can be studying about child development to how businesses operate. Exciting stuff.

What's even more exciting is coding videos. I coded a 10 minute video yesterday in the lab and it took me almost 3 hours. I'm not improving at all since it took me 2 hours to code 7 minutes first time round. Not impressive, I had my sandwich and green tea in the lab just sitting there coding all their behaviours yesterday. Someone save me when I come to do 12 x 10 minute videos when analysis starts. Buhuhuhuuuu. What's more is that some of the people are really hard to understand, since usually individuals with speech disorders have some sort of slurring with their speech. Some sentences I have to play back about 10 times until I figure out what he is saying and add it to the transcript.

Uh yeah, so this has pretty much been about my studies. I feel a little more passionate about what I study this year because it's the last year before I say goodbye to psychology. Other aspects of my life have been dull-ish. My room is on standstill until I get the ceiling plastered on Friday, carpenter is coming tomorrow to have a look and see what he can do about my tiny room. I'm also being taken to Ikea tomorrow for some random reason which I don't know. It's probably just an excuse for Dad to get out of the house. I have no idea what these two retired people do these days - Mum wakes up crazily early (she stood on me when I was still sleeping in bed this morning - NOT IMPRESSED). Because my Mum wakes up crazily early she drags my Dad up to go to the gym. They invited me to go along as well but NO THANKS. Um, hello? I would not be caught dead working out with my parents at the gym. Oh lord.    

No comments:

Post a Comment