Monday 5 November 2012

Somewhat excited.

I HAVE NO BEDROOM NAO.

Woke up to start destroying my room. Not a good way to wake up I guess. I had a headache looking at all the crap that's accumulated throughout the 21 years. There were boxes after boxes after boxes after bags and bags and bags of things, I just didn't know where to start. Actually it was more like, I didn't know how so much stuff could fit into such a tiny room. There were things piled underneath my bed, things slipped into the gaps beside my bed, things slipped into gaps beside my wardrobe. Holy cow, I wish I took a picture of the mess. It filled the landing as well as my parents' and brother's room.

Anyhow, it took me 3 hours to sift through everything and decide what was to be thrown away and what was to be kept. Of course, I kept all my cuddly toys because I'm a cuddly toy hoarder - they're all my babies. But I think I must've thrown about 70% of my belongings away - I used to be really bad when it comes to throwing things away because I think about the value of it, sentimentally most of the time. But you know, gradually things lose meaning to me so they end up just sitting there collecting dust. Nowadays, I'm much better at deciding what to throw away and what to keep - I think to myself, will I use it again? how much value it has to me and where will I store it. If I can't answer those 3 questions then it goes in the bin and most of it does go in the bin. I really wonder why I kept some of the stuff I had, I mean, I still had my 16th birthday cards - I can't believe I've been hoarding birthday cards for 4-5 years! There were a lot of things I had in excess too, like boxes - I had so many boxes, stupid ones that had nothing in them but I just thought they looked "pretty" so I kept it. And guess what? Yup, I never used it again. Bin. I WAS EVEN HOARDING CLOTHES TAGS - WHY? Yeah, those ones you remove off new clothes when you come to wear it. Please don't ask. I was hoarding plastic bags too, I bet you're laughing at me right now. One would think I'm actually preparing for judgement day or something.

So now, I'm holed up in my brother's bedroom, he has a spare bed in this room so this will be my new "home" for the next couple of weeks. I've got big plans for my bedroom which will take a few weeks, maybe even months before I can finally move back in. Firstly, the wallpaper has to go, I felt sad ripping Tae Yang off my wall - he won't be going back on because posters damage wallpapers orz. I'll be wallpaper stripping tomorrow. I want to get new sockets fitted into the wall of my room as well, I only have 2 working ones right now and 1 broken one which needs to be removed. I have someone coming over tomorrow to check it out.  My ceiling needs to be re-plastered as well, there are cracks and pits in it. Then the floor needs to go, I'll be getting wood flooring for my room. I need to get a carpenter to design some cupboards and a wardrobe for me. And then finally, I'll need a new bed. Sigh, looks like I'll be roomless until Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment