Sunday 4 November 2012

I hate the feeling where you're slowly falling behind on doing what you're supposed to be doing

Long title.

So, I got lazy this weekend. Maybe it's because I'm off this week so I feel as if I have plenty of time to get my notes done. But on the contrary, I have no time since next week I need to get started on 2 essays due soon. I really don't want to get back into the swing of doing essays, writing an essay after 6 months of not having written a single piece of work will be really tough. I mean, I blog, which does help a little in keeping myself literate at least. I'm surrounded by too many people that fail to use proper grammar these days.

But the real question is, why do we end divert our attention from the important things that need doing so easily? Like a piece of coursework that's waiting to be completed, you might leave it for now thinking you have almost 2 months before the due date but by the time you realise it, that piece of work is due in next week. That's actually happening to me now, well, my coursework isn't due next week but I could've sworn it felt like last week when I realised that the due date was almost 2 months away and now it's actually due in about less than 3 weeks. I longer I feel like I have plenty of time to do it, the lazier I'll get. So, it's just something that needs to be done ASAP now.

This week will be slightly chaotic. Apart from starting 2 pieces of coursework, I'll be room-less for maybe a month. Not having a room to privately study in will be hard too. But I really want my new room to be done as soon as possible. I also want to get my work done as soon as possible. See? I want many things done as soon as possible. I think I'm becoming quite the impatient one.

Oh and on Tuesday, I'm visiting the home for what might be the last time for now, since I can't visit on my regular Tuesdays anymore because I have lectures in the morning. Though, I'm still super excited to be working in the stroke unit at Charing Cross hospital next month. My brother signed me up to some SLT  evening in City as well. Godamn, it's another one of those moments where I sign up to something and then when the time approaches, I don't feel like going anymore. But it will be beneficial to go, I want to know more about the course, maybe I can pick up some more ideas to write in my application before I submit it. I'm actually really glad to be starting the placement before the submission deadline - then I can write something about it. By the time interviews start happening, I'll have plenty to talk about right? I'm actually slightly worried about my future but at the same time I'm not, because the only difference between the paths I take is the issue with money which my parents are so kindly supporting me with. I'm pretty confident that I'll end up where I want to be in 5 years time.

Ending this on a positive note tonight (or should I say this morning, it's now 4:20am). I still need to wake up tomorrow to start demolishing my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment