Friday 30 November 2012

Another year older.

I just reached my goal of getting my essay up to 2000 words today. Only 500 more to go (well I see it as 300 words to go since my conclusion tends to be around 200 words and is a piece of cake to write, referencing is another story though. Since I'm a 3rd year, we're expected to have around 15-20+ references for every essay). I'm dreading the essay I have to write over Christmas though, a 3000 word essay plus I need to begin my 6000-8000 word dissertation. Oh the joys of being in your last year of your undergrad degree.

I realised that it's getting increasingly hard for me to sit down and settle straight into work. You know, I found out today that I actually need to procrastinate for about 2-3 hours before I open my essay and get working on it. Once I open my Macbook, I have to do other things on it before I even remember to open the document I was working on. FML. I do other things such as blogging on here, scrolling through Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook (I don't even know why I exist on Facebook anymore, it's just to keep in contact with a few people that I actually talk to properly, but other than that... It's useless and a complete waste of my time. Actually, Facebook is becoming really creepy, since when can you see EVERYONE who has viewed your group message, it says something like "seen by 97" and if you click that, a whole list of people who has read your message but has effectively ignored you comes up /rant/rant/rant). 

So yeah, procrastination is good for you, guys. Don't worry about not getting work done, just do what I do - "start" at around 3pm, procrastinate until 6pm and then start some work. Hopefully you'll be like me and finish around this time despite "starting" 6 hours ago... You can even tell your parents that you've been at it since 3pm and only finished now, they'll think you've been working hard for 6 hours non stop and might reward you with something. Hohoho.

Happy end of November, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment